Brake Repair NYC | Upper West Side
96 Auto Repair
Brakes Service: Repair & Replacement
Brakes and brake repair service for the entire braking system and brake problems, such as brake pads, brake fluid, and rotors, are important in helping ensure the safety of you and your passengers in your car, truck or other automobile with brake issues. There are a number of signs that indicate your brakes need attention and you want to give them the best attention there is. All brake repairs and brake shops are not the same, we know stellar service doesn’t have to exclude cost-effective solutions, whether it’s new anti-lock brakes or an older model. Brake repair, replacement and inspections all may be necessary, and where to get your brake pads replaced can have significant consequences on the value of your car.
Since brake pads are only one possible problem with a brake system, there are other items to be included in a brake service. Depending on the results of the braking system evaluation, your vehicle brake service may include:
- Brake pads replacement
- Brake rotors / drums resurfaced
- Brake fluid flush & replacement
- Brake caliper & rotor re-alignment
- Brake caliper replacement
- Brake hose replacement
- Brake master cylinder replacement
Brake Pad Replacement
One thing you can do as a vehicle owner is better understand the different moving parts that make up your brake system. When you press your brake pedal the brake pads create friction; in turn, the brake rotor disperses heat throughout the vehicle to keep the brakes themselves from overheating. Both are essential to the proper functioning of your braking system. And both need proper inspection when servicing your brakes.
We offer and recommend a full inspection that includes a comprehensive vehicle check, from brake function, belts, hoses and filters to suspensions, struts and shocks, motor mounts and fuel filters. Our brake assessment, however, will include:
- Brake function – measurement of pads thickness
- Fluids – inspection of brake fluid levels and leaks
- Rotors / drums – determining if resurfacing or replacement is needed
- Wheel cylinders – check wheel cylinders for function
- Brake hardware – inspect hardware for wear and tear
- Brake hoses – problems with the hoses are common and need regular checking as they can wear out
Why Get A Brake Assessment?
- Get your vehicle inspected by a certified technician to properly identify the issues affecting your braking system
- Get an estimate of what the necessary work will cost based on the individual problems of your brakes
- Get an outline of the work ahead, time estimates and parts needed
- Get recommendations and options on the best parts for your particular vehicle
Affordable Brake Service Specials
Brakes keep you and your family safe. Brake parts and brake services are not what you want to skimp on. But we understand the importance of reducing expenses and we aim to offer cost-effective solutions that provide leading services as well. Come see us for a brake job today.
If your brakes are making a squealing sound or you hear grinding when your car comes to a stop, these may be signs that you need brakes service immediately. Consult a certified technician near you for a brake inspection any time you notice any irregularities in your car’s braking performance. An auto shop or service center with the best brake service should be able to provide you with a reasonable estimate on hours and time.